Starting a business can be difficult, even if you have a lot of experience in the industry. There is so much competition that, while you may be new, you do not want to look like an amateur. Using the Job Estimate Template is an easy way to create a professional job estimate for your customers and create a great first impression.
How to Use the Job Estimate Template
- First, download the Job Estimate Template, which will open into an Excel document. Put the name of your company in the box at the top. Directly below you will list the name, address and phone number of your company.
- Second, fill in the name, address and phone number of your customer.
- Third, fill in the job description and the itemized estimate; including time and materials. Across from each item, fill in the estimated amount for that line item. The form will automatically calculate a total for you.
- Finally, print out your completed estimate either hand it to your customer or mail it.
Tips for Using the Job Estimate Template
- Use the form for every, single job. You need to get into the habit of putting everything in writing, this will ensure that your customers will know exactly what they are getting, and for how much. This can save problems that arise from oral agreements from happening.
- Once you have filled in your company’s identifying information, save the template so you do not have to complete this step each time.
- There is additional space at the bottom of the sheet; if you have other standard information then this would be a good place to include it. For example, you may want to state that the estimate expires after 30 or 60 days.
- Don’t sell yourself short. Take the time to assess the job that you are going to bid on; if you are new in the industry you may have to accept a little less, but you should never work at a loss. You should always plan to provide high quality work, and your estimate should reflect this.
The Job Estimate Template, which is available at no charge on this page, can help you present a professional appearance to your customers.
Download: Job Estimate Template
Check this out while you wait!