- Launch the app & Sign In to your account.
- Go to Contacts.
- Select the add contact icon or click directly in the search text box and type the name, Skype name or email address of the person you want to add. Click Search Skype.
- . Select your friend from the search results and click Add to Contacts.
- Type a quick note to introduce yourself and then click Send.
The person you choose will be added to your contact list. Note, they will appear “offline” until they accept the friend request you just sent them. When they have accepted your request, you can start making free video and voice calls at any time.
When you want to find a friend in Skype, how do you know which person is the right contact?
You can try to get more information about the person you think might be the right contact by right-clicking on their profile and selecting the “View Profile.” This section actually contains all the details they’ve added (Photo, City, Country or Phone Number).
You can also choose to ask your friends for their exact Skype Name or the email address that they registered with. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.
How to Add Friends to Your Contact List in Skype Automatically
- Go into Settings .
- In the Contacts section, select the option to Automatically add friends.
How to Add a Phone Numbers to Your Contacts in Skype
Adding a person’s mobile or landline phone number as a Skype contact means you can call them even if they’re not on Skype. You’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to call.
Depending on the Skype client you use, you have a few options available.
- Go to Contacts and click Create a new phone number contact . Type the number and click Save.
- Select Call phones > Dialer . Type the number. You will then click “Save phone number” to add the person as a contact.
- Save a number as a contact by calling it first. Click the “Call phones” option, then dial the number and click the Call When you have finished the call, go to Add to Contacts.
How do I find contacts not on Skype?
Do you have a family member or friend that’s not on Skype? Skype actually gives you multiple options to invite anyone to chat.
- Go to Contacts, tap the All tab, and then tap the link to Invite friends to Skype.
- In the Search field, start typing your contact’s name. Matches will automatically display.
- Tap the contact you want to chat with.
- Choose from the contact methods listed to send the invite (phone or email address). If you decide to send an invitation via SMS, you will be charged by your carrier.
- Tap Send to send your invite.
How do I add Facebook Contacts in Skype?
Skype allows you to import Facebook contacts into your Skype account.
- Enter your Facebook credentials
- Then click on Import.
- This will give you a list of all your contacts who have a skype account.
- The list is checked by default, you can uncheck the ones you don’t want to add.
- Once done, click on Add XX contacts.
- Click on Next.
Check this out while you wait!