If you answered yes, then this story might sound a bit like you. You invite a friend over. When they come into your house, they look at your collection of books and make a comment. Something like, “Wow, you’ve got a lot of books!” You feel a certain thrill inside. You are proud of your book collection.
Only you have a problem. You have no way to keep track off all those volumes. You sometimes spend a long time looking for just that one book you want to read.
One of the best ways to keep track of your library is with a Book Inventory Template. You can download a Book Inventory Template free from this page. This template is fully customizable and is easy to use.
How to Install the Book Inventory Template in Word
- Click the download link
- Choose your Excel Template folder as the destination
- (If you don’t know where the template folder is, open Excel, select the ‘Tools’ menu, choose ‘Options’ and view the ‘File Locations’. This will give you the path to your template folder.)
- Close Excel (if it’s open)
- Open Excel
- Create a new document
- Choose ‘From Template’ option
Now that you have the template open, you can start entering your books. You can enter as much or as little information as you would like. An especially handy feature is the column that allows you to track where your books are located.
The Book Inventory Template is ideal for
- Finding books by the same author
- Sorting books by hard cover or paper back
- Keeping track of books you have lent out to friends and family
- Finding books quickly
- Creating notes about books that you have read
The Book Inventory Template is a handy little tool that allows you to easily manage your collection. Never lose track of a book again, be able to find just the book you are looking for in a matter of minutes, no need to search through hundreds of pages to find what you are looking for.
Download: Book Inventory
Check this out while you wait!