An Apartment Move Out Checklist is an essential tool for moving out of both apartments and dorms. Moving can be a very stressful and chaotic event. It’s difficult enough to know when to start packing. Once you start you have to hope that you remember everything, that nothing gets broken, and that the things that are not yours look presentable enough for you to get your deposit back. With all of the frantic searching and wrapping and cleaning it is nice to have a list of things to make sure you cover to ensure that your move goes as smooth as possible. An Apartment Move Out Checklist is an invaluable tool when moving down the street or across the country.
How to Use the Apartment Move Out Checklist
- First, download the easy-to-use Apartment Move Out Checklist, which is available for free on this page.
- Then, because the template is customizable, fill in the blank rows with additional steps that are specific to your move
- Next, add any additional notes specific to your move in the notes section on the right side of the page
- Finally, complete the checklist from top to bottom, following the timeline as closely as possible to ensure an orderly move
Tips for Using the Apartment Move Out Checklist
- There is not such thing as too much detail when planning out a move. Add as many additional steps as you feel necessary.
- Adding extremely detailed notes doesn’t hurt either. It ensures that everything is done correctly.
- Don’t be afraid to make copies. This is especially important if your moving team consists solely of your friends and family. Most people do not have a lot of experience with moving and a detail list in everyone’s hand will ensure that you’re all on the same page and know what to do next.
Everyone has to move and everyone has a moving story. Using the Apartment Move Out Checklist will ensure that your story is told as a pleasant memory rather than a cautionary tale.
Download: Apartment Move Out Checklist
Check this out while you wait!